Please click on the link to view our video gallery section.Read More
ďWith God nothing is impossibleĒ. ( Lk 1:37) Nothing is impossible is the theme of angel Gabrielís announcement to Mary that she, a virgin would conceive in her womb and bear a so...Read More
The Congregation of the Sisters of Our Lady of Fatima was founded by Msgr. Francis Xavier Kroot, MHM, on 8 February 1893 at Bellary in Karnataka, then under the archdiocese of Madras, by Msgr Francis Xavier Kroot, MHM. Born on 7 December 1854, in Holland, Francis Kroot joined the Mill Hill Missionary Society of St Joseph,was ordained a priest on 8 June 1878 and reached India on 8 August 1878. He served in the capacity of a military chaplain in Poonamallee, Madras and Bellary.
His dream of having a Congregation of Indian women who would carry on the missionary work of caring for the less fortunate and underprivileged natives was finally realized in 1893 with the inception of the Congregation bearing the name as the "Missionary Sisters of St. Francis Xavier". The Sisters of Good Shepherd were entrusted with the formation of the candidates and Rules for the independent Congregation were drawn up and approved by Bishop Joseph Colgan.
The first batch of three postulants received their religious habit on 8 Feb 1893. On 8 September 1895 these Sisters pronounced their first vows and were moved to the first convent, St Francis Xavier's convent, near St Lazaurs church, Cowl Bazaar. Later a novitiate was also established to accommodate the increasing number of candidates.
Copyright © 2014 - All Rights Reserved - Fatima Sisters. All RIghts Reserved
Website designed by : Alpha Infotech